Sunday, June 7, 2009

Vegas Holiday

We made it to my brother's around 2 pm Saturday. The trip was a blast. Last time I made this drive, with just my mom and son was Spring Break 1999. We had fun then, and we had fun this time. Thank goodness for my son, he drove 2/3rds of the time, I got to sleep, and he had to listen to my mom, his grandma! I think I had the better part of that deal! :-) We had great weather once we got past Barstow, no a lot of traffic, which surprised me. My brother was not aware that my son was coming, we were surprising him, so when we got there, Chris walked up to the door, and my brother looked so stunned! It was perfect! They were glad to see us all. We just grilled some tri tips and had a great meal and just hung out catching up. Sunday, my nephew had a lacrosse game, so we got to see him play for the first time. He is 16 years old and just got his driver's permit, so needless to say, I was his favorite aunt this trip, he wanted to gas my car up, move my car onto the street from the driveway, ect., ect. My niece, Justine, who is graduating on Wednesday had a very busy schedule with hooking up with her girlfriends and planning what parties to go to. We went out for brunch after Bubba's game and came home and I think we all went out separate ways to take a nap. I went outside to their beautiful backyard and took a nap on the chaise lounge, I was practicing for tomorrow's plan of hanging out by the pool all day. Tuesday is my quilt shop excursion. By the look of the pictures from Kim's blog, her class was another hit. (There was no doubt in my mind!!!) I can't wait to see pictures of every one's quilts. I better go and get some sleep, I am using my nephew's computer and I think he wants to talk to his friends, so until later, take care!

PS-Gran, I worked some on a project, but the Laker game was so-o-o-o-o close, I had to put it down. I kept making mistakes and forgetting where I was!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You made pretty good time driving then, but what time did you leave? See, I'd barely be dressed and packed by then--LOL! When do you come back? I looked at the BP&HH schedule and I don't seem to have any classes this week, which seems odd. Yes, class was fun--hope you can make the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to ready your blog. You amaze me and I love the fact that you got to have a nap. The energizer bunny (you) really does know how to refuel.

    Ah, you had to put your embroidery down - well I did too during the game. Who are you rooting for? Are you able to watch any of the Stanley Cup playoff games?

    Kim's class was wonderful. See her blog and mine if you get a chance. Your BFF is in the background of one of the pictures.

    So, where are you heading out to on Tuesday? The Christmas Quilt Shop place? Will you mom be able to tag along?

    I bet you come back all tanned!

    Tootles

    ReplyDelete