Monday, June 22, 2009

Knot-y Monday

Tonight is Knot-y Ladies night at BP&HH. Those who have read my blog before knows that Gran is charge! Seriously, Gran is the most patient, unselfish, and extremely generous in all she does. I mean, she walks the walk! Tonight, we learned the backstitch, (I hope that is what it is called). Gran explained in on the whiteboard, and then showed us upfront. We are embroidering a fruit bowl on a tea towel. Mines cream with a yellow and black stripe, and the embroidery is all in black. It seems to be turning out quite nicely. We are trying to decide on a group project, but I am not sure what that s going to be yet. Kim was working on some stitching, but I did not look at what she was doing, so I can not tell you what she was working on. All I know is that she did not bring me a piece of that yummy cherry-blueberry pie she made! Oh, for those interested in taking Kim's class in August, she has openings for only 9 more students. 3 signed up tonight, Gran, Colleen, and me! I did get to BP&HH 1 hour early tonight, since my BFF is at quilt camp this week, (I am sure she is enjoying the cooler weather up there!) so I got a chance to look around. Lindy did get in more Homespun magazines, so I picked up 2 issues that looked interesting, and also got a chance to really check out the embroidery corner. It is really coming together. Gran has done a really outstanding job and new patterns and all stuff related to embroidery are arriving daily. Gran is also offering an encore Knoty Ladies class starting in July, so contact BP&HH if you are interested. Well, I am going back to my spot on the couch and go back to work on my tea towel. Sweet dreams to all!

1 comment: