Monday, June 29, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

As the song goes, wish it was a Tuesday, but I hardly don't I would be wishing that. You see, its month end, and my job is in extreme stress and panic mode at month end. And this month end is no exception, except, it seems my boss had waited until the last minute to complete reports for her boss, our SVP, so-o-o, she has us scrambling around pulling numbers and doing reports for her so she can turn them in to her boss. I am really exhausted today, and with the heat, it sure doesn't help. Thank goodness the Delta breeze has kicked in for us, and it is fairly nice and comfy outside. I took my time watering all of my plants, and containers of plants and flower beds and cleaned out the birdbath and filled up the bird feeder, then came back in and fell asleep on the sofa. Hubby woke me up and told me to go to bed, but I am awake now, so off to blog land I go. We did make it to Oakland yesterday, it was still warm, 87 degrees, a lot cooler than here, but we did not make it to Petaluma to the Quilted Angel. You are not going to believe this, but I just was too tired to make the drive. I had a really hard time driving home from Oakland, and hubby was sleeping as soon as he got in the car. I went to bed early last night, (8pm) and woke up at 7 am this morning. Only 1 more meeting for baseball, and then I am through. I get to sit and watch the kids play while making yo-yo's to finish my Hat Party Quilt and to also complete a Halloween project, (more on that later). Nite to all!

4 comments:

  1. Just checking in before I head to bed - hot and tired here. I am glad the delta breezes are heading our way. We need the relief. Take care of you while you are taking care of everyone else.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this heat really wears us out too, don't you? I'm really tired tonight as well even after being in the A/C much of the day. Hey, look at the bright side--only one more day until the month is over, so maybe you'll be able to slide into the long weekend and leave the stress behind--for now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your out and about in all this heat. I'm sure your plants and the birds appreciate the water you gave them. I've been watering twice a day up here.Looks like it's going to cool down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to being done with baseball!!! Lol* My girls just finished up last week...wheew, now it's finally feeling like summer!

    Thank you for the nicest comment you left on my blog! That was just so nice to say! I think you made me feel as happy as the landscaping neighbors! :)

    ReplyDelete