Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

I hope all of the fathers out there had a wonderful Father's Day! As for my dad, he lives in Lancaster, so I called him. I usually talk to him 2-3 times a week, just to keep an ear on him. He is recently retired but had some health issues, that I think are almost gone, at least he tells me that. He is a very private person, even when my parents were still married, my dad was like that. He had just finished breakfast, and was getting ready to have a 2nd cup of coffee on his patio and try to decide what he wants to do in his garden. It was good talking to him, I only wish I saw him more often than I do. As for my hubby, well, today was the big day, I was hosting some clients at a professional baseball game here in Sacramento. My employer had a suite at the River Cats Field, with lots of good food and fun to be had. The clients who did make it brought their families with them so all could spend Father's Day together, which was nice. We had a blast, and the River Cats won in the bottom of the 9th inning, so one could not ask for a more exciting game than we had. Afterwards, we, (hubby and son) went to Ikea. I just love to explore in that store. Son needed a new trash can, why, well you see, he never emptied the trash much in his room. No, it never really smelled, but from all of the times he just kept cramming papers and stuff in his trash, well, lets put it this way, there was a science experiment going on. Enough said. Hubby decided we needed new bed pillows to sleep on, so we got 2 new memory foam pillows from there quite reasonable. Home was not too far after Ikea. I think we were glad to get home, just to relax and get ready for a new week. Hubby and I will be very busy this next week with managers meetings all over Norther California, in getting ready for the state Cal Ripken Baseball tournaments, so we sat down and tried to make sure we met each other where we are suppose to and not cross our wires. Tomorrow night I have Knot-y Ladies, which I have been looking forward to. It has been 2 months, since I was at quilt camp. Kim and Gran will be there so good times will be had. I need to make a note on my schedule to sign up for Kim's Buggy Barn class August 15th. I am in charge of dessert, so if I don't sign up, there will be no dessert! One last note, there is a really lovely entry on Quiltmom's Journey's blog, so please check Anna's entry out. There is a really good picture of her and her family along with photos of her parents and in-laws. It was a very touching entry. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Nite!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post - by the sound of it your DH had a great father's day. You are a blessing to him and how wonderful YOU made him a father. :0) Your day sounded like a heck of a lot of fun, and with you leading the cheering for The Cats a great time was probably had by all. You are the life of the party girl. I am looking forward to The Knot-y Ladies tomorrow night. Drive safe and save some energy to those of us who adore you! Bring all your show and tell things from Vegas.

    ReplyDelete