Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday's Treasure Hunt

Yes, today was the treasure hunt with my new friend, Colleen. She picked me up, we went to lunch at BJ's, and talked, talked, and talked. (Mostly me talking!) We then headed off to Deserts Industries off of Fulton. OMG, this place was huge, and so-o-o clean! As soon as we walked in, we saw a 50% off cart, Colleen spotted a Holly Hobbie Tea Pot is excellent condition, I think it was $10.00, she collects Holly Hobbie I found out along with Strawberry Shortcake. I found the Christmas Cat collector plate for $5.00, then we headed over to all of the household stuff, books, crafts gone bad section, and we hit a major jackpot as you can see from the pictures on my sidebar. Colleen found approx. 10-12 wooden embroidery hoops assorted sizes for her crafts, 50 cents each. I found some Halloween decorations, plastic embroidery hoops, Christmas craft book, baskets for my future sewing room to hold stuff, along with one to hold my knitting needles. I almost bought some crystal candle sticks to make a 3 tier serving tray like Kim's, but thought I had done enough damage for the day, after 2 hours of going through stuff! Their prices were very reasonable, and there was friendly help everywhere! (plus clean restrooms and air conditioning that really worked!) Colleen had to be home by 4pm, so we were only able to hit the one store, but what fun we had! We have already started planning future treasure hunts which I can't wait for. She is a sweetheart, and I know we will be good friends for a very long time! I am looking to doing crafts together with her. Anyway, I hope you all had a great Saturday and an even better Father's Day tomorrow. I will be hosting a group in a suite at the River Cat's Stadium in West Sac, but my hubby and son will be there, and a bunch of fun people so it should be a great Father's Day for all. Until tomorrow! Happy stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Great score! It sounds like you had a lot of fun too, and that's the best part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Cute pictures. AND a new friend. Life is good and you are the best. I have to go to DI, although it looks like you cleaned them out in the embroidery hoop stuff. I always am lifted when I read your posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete