Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Friend, New Adventure

I met a gal last Saturday at BP&HH, I think she is around my age, but we sure seem to hit it off, we both love embroidery, quilting and crafts in general. She happens to live in my neck of the woods, so I gave her my business card and told her to give me a call if she would like to get a cup of coffee or lunch and we could talk about embroidery and quilting. Well, she did, and I felt really bad because this being the week back to work after being off for a week, I was really back logged, and so when she called, I was not able to call her until this afternoon. We have been texting back and forth the last day or so, but we finally decided on lunch this Saturday, and she asked if I like to hit the thrift stores, well, after I let go on my wrist that I had to twist, I said why not, so we are going to hit the thrift stores after lunch. She mentioned the Desert Industries store off of Fulton, which I have never been to. I should shout out to Kim for some tips on places to hit, and if she was up to it, she could even join us. Let me know Kim if you are up to it, Colleen seems like a really sweet gal, and she is just dying to get into Knot-y Ladies with us and Gran. I will keep you posted on our adventures this week-end. Don't forget, this Sunday is also Father's Day. What do you have planned?

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Deseret Industries--I've only been there once and they seems like they had a lot of clothing, but as for the rest? Not so much. Of course, we all look for different things, so maybe you'll have better luck. From there, though, head back down Fulton to the Goodwill at Fulton and Hurley. There's also a thrift store not far from BP&HH across the street from Michael's--I haven't been there, but I've thought about stopping. Also, if you head down Manzanita from Madison and keep on the road after it turns into Fair Oaks, there are thrift stores all over the place, including another Goodwill. Unfortunately, I'll be doing stuff like cleaning house and maybe--MAYBE--a little sewing if I'm lucky! Have fun and happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.: Keep an open and creative mind while you hunt--you may find something that can be repurposed, embellished, etc. And hunt HARD--look under everything and get down low to see what might be hiding at the back of lower shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there

    We made it to Friday evening! I am getting into my email and catching up on the last couple of days. I am glad you made it through a very busy week. What fun to have a new friend with similar interests and a shopping trip on the schedule. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete