Saturday, May 2, 2009

Well, what a day I had, and I know that each and everyone of you are going to be jealous! Why, you may ask? I went to a Hat Party, that was given by Kim. Oh me, oh my, what a blast we had! We all got party favors, a goody bag stuffed with a sharpen pencil, pretty paper for notes, a lady bug eraser, a pack of green wool, a pack of flower seeds, (I got Cosmos, I thought they were a free drink ticket!) and the cutest pin cushion you have ever seen shaped like a hat! But that was just the beginning, Kim then provided us with a wonderful and delicious spread of all kinds of goodies to eat and drink, finger sandwiches, yummy tea cookies, and lemon pound cake, raspberries glased donut holes, fresh strawberries and hot tea. We had 5 ladies take the class and we all had a great time. We were asking Kim, when she is teaching her next class, we cannot wait! Gran was in class also, which added to the fun factor also. I got 3 complete blocks done, it was time consuming having to help eat all of the goodies that Kim so labored and took the time to make for us! I didn't get a picture of the table of goodies, but she had brought in the cutest teapots, dishes, silver, cloth napkins, the whole 9 yards, just like a real tea party. Kim, a BIG thank you goes out to you! You are so talented, and I am hoping it will rub off on me if I continue to take your classes! I am going to try to get 2-3 mre blocks done tonight while I am on a roll, and hopefully, I will figure out how to post them here for all to see. Take care!

3 comments:

  1. Today so so much fun! It was like a once in a lifetime event, and just think we were there! Kim is wonderful - she sure taught us a lot! MI-5 just came on, I am going to grab some embroidery and put my feet up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl and get thoes hat blocks done. Love the fabrics and can't wait to see the finished quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to take the class Pam! I had a lot of fun too! Funny reading Gran's comment--I started to watch MI-5, or maybe I even watched one episode and started the next, but I was so tired, I can't remember! LOL!

    ReplyDelete