Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday, Monday

As the song goes, by the Mamas & the Papas, Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way. My boss gave me a wake up call this morning telling me to be ready to head down to Fresno, 2 1/2 hours away to surprise our coworker who had a birthday this past week-end. I knew I had a machine quilting class tonight, so I just told her I would drive. She did not argue, so we meet in Elk Grove with the other Pam in our group, then met up with Deanna in Turlock and onward south to Kristin's. We had a great lunch and then went back to Kristin's house to watch her DVD from when she went skydiving last October in Hawaii. It was so cool! Then back up to Sac Town, dropped everyone off, and up to BP&HH for class. We are learning to machine quilt, so tonight we finally got to get our feet wet, or in my case, drowning! I can already tell you that this is going to involve a lot more time and pratice than I had expected. Lindy is a great teacher, and so-o-o patient with us, thank god! I am going to attempt to machine the quilt that I made at quilt camp last Septemeber. It is Kay England's line of Kitty's. I need to find a backing for it, something with a very busy pattern would be in order, thank you! I better go and get some sleep, it has been a very long day and I am going to need the rest! Hope your week goes better than my Monday! Nite!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can tell that you have youth on your side. You are like the energizer bunny, you just keep on going, and going. Your job fascinates me and I know that you do it well. Keep up the good work!

    There is a lot to learn about machine quilting. I need to take that class from Lindy.

    ReplyDelete