Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belguim!

Now, don't be shocked, the time is right. I am trying to go to bed earlier than I have been. I haven't been sleeping much lately, so I took my herbal tablet to help me sleep, let's hope it works! I used to love watching the movie, If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belguim, with Suzanne Plesshet, (I am a terrible speller, sorry), and everytime Tuesday rolls around, I always think of that movie. I am a child of the late 60's/70's, but I love retro music, and old movies. Especially on rainy afternoons! I remember as a child, my dad bought me a black/white tv for my 13th birthday. A little history here, we did not get our first tv until 1969, but when we did, we were the first on the block to have a colored tv! Boy, we were living high on cotton! Anyway, on Saturday afternoons, when it was raining, I would curl up on my bed, under 4-5 of my Grandmother's quilts and watch the old B/W movies with Shirley Temple, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Clark Gable, and sometimes my dad would join me and we would watch old Cowboy movies that he saw when he was a young lad. Life was so simple and easy, not a care in the world back then, at least I did not have to worry. I am sure my parents did enough of that for all of us. It was a different time, how I wish my son could have at lease 1 hour of time back in the good old days! Enough of that, work was mainly reports today, running a lot of numbers, mileage reports, corporate visa report, goals for May, ect. Tomorrow, I am heading down to Modesto. I hear that there is a new quilt store in Ceres, so naturally, I will have to check that out. I will give you a full report tomorrow. I also have Jo's tomorrow evening, which means I get to see my BFF, Darlene, and that also means, FOOD! It's good to daydream about the good, old days, now and again. It certainly makes me thankful for all I have, and for my wonderful and loving parents. I know that they are both most likely already asleep in bed, (they are divorce, but they are up with the chickens and down with the chickens!) but I think I will make a note to call them, just to tell them I am thinking of them and I love them. My dad will ask me how much money do I need, and my mom will ask me what happened now! I am glad, they never stopped being my parents!
Here's wishing everyone a Happy Cinco de Mayo!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Pam. You took me straight back to my childhood. I, too, had awesome parents. Aren't we lucky? I've been so nostalgic today, as I found out my cousin is dying. Been thinking a lot about my childhood. So, your story was so fitting. Thank you. Also, thanks for reminding me of Jo's. Mona from BP&H See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    Nice post- I remember when we got our first color TV. It was the Christmas of 1968 and we got a new rug, a color TV and a new baby brother..
    I learned to love old movies a few summers ago when a dear friend and I spent many hours enjoying them together. She was sick with ovarian cancer and unfortunately lost her battle but not before with had many hours enjoying one another's company.
    Thanks for the memories.... and refreshing mine..
    Cheers,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you bringing the cookies tonight?! ROFLOL!

    ReplyDelete