Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday, Day of Rest

I was brought up that Sunday was a day of rest. Well, that is exactly what I did today. After I fixed my family breakfast, Texas Toast French Toast, and applewood smoked bacon, I cleaned up the kitchen and myself, sat on the sofa, under my monkey blanket, and snoozed off and on all afternoon. I haven't been sleeping well for the past few nights, so I need to catch up on some Zz's. I started to feel guilty but then figured what the heck, how often do I do this? It rained off and on, and hubby offered to set my machine up for me to sew, but I just did not feel like it. I have my machine quilting class tomorrow evening, so I will sew then, but today, I am resting. It actually felt good not doing anything, except, I did get the laundry caught up, so I didn't totally rest, but C'est la vie! Here's hoping you have a wonderful start of a new week!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you - a day of rest with your family.
    I slept in today. A perfect rainy day for resting. I woke up tired, so I guess I was tired....
    That French Toast sounds nice! I love how you write.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete