Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today I hung out at BP&HH with Julie. It was slow until this afternoon, and it picked up a bit. I really could not wait to get home, because my mom was coming home after being in Oklahoma visiting my cousin, Tina. She has breast cancer and is getting ready to start her treatment, so mom went back to help out and also for support. My mom is a cancer survivor, 3 times now. I truly believe in the power of prayer, and mom is very unselfish, and always is thinking of others. What a great role model she is. I sometimes lose patience with her, and then I remember all she has done and given up for me, and well as you can imagine, I am put back in my place very quickly. Mom is awesome! I just read a friend's blog, Quiltmom's Journey, please read it if you have a minute. Anna is a very gifted and giving human being, and I only have known her for 2 weeks now, but I feel like I have known her for much longer than that! She has written a beautiful tribute to her mother and mother in law. I was so moved by it, I printed it out and drove straight over to my mom's, and we read it together, and then we both cried together. It is a very moving piece. I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on Anna's blog. I will check it out in a bit.

    I know from being around you that you are very happy being a mother, and a daughter. A blessing to your birth family and your family.

    I am sending you a big hug and wish you a restful, peaceful day tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete