Monday, January 4, 2010

In Mourning!

Tonight's blog will be brief, due to the fact that I am in mourning. Why? Not because of a death of a love one, thank goodness, but because my beloved Horned Frogs of TCU lost to Boise State. I have been a Horned Frog fan since I was a little girl. My dad has always been a fan of TCU, and he shared his passion of them with me. I always wanted to attend TCU, but the out of state tuition was just way too much for me to handle. So, I cheered for their football team, along beside my dad. Since tonight was the first time they had made it to a bowl game in 30+ years, I called my dad and he would call me back, so we could share in the excitement and disappointment together over the phone. He lives in Lancaster, about 5 hours away. I talk to him often, and miss not being closer to him, but very glad to know he is only a phone call away! I was a daddy's girl and my parents divorce was very hard on me, but I survived, just like everyone else who had to go through the same thing as I. So tonight, when I go to sleep, I will dream that my Horned Frogs won, and I was there in person cheering on the sideline. Sweet Dreams Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Although I didn't go to TCU, my family has strong roots there - both parents attended as well as great-aunts and uncles. My Dad played football for Dutch Meyer so I grew up in Ft. Worth attending many TCU sports events. My mother passed away a year ago and all through the season, I've been thinking how she would have loved the Frogs' success this year. I was so hoping they'd pull it out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    Congratulations to your American Junior Hockey team who won in overtime against our Canadian Juniors. I am sad for our Canadian boys as they were after a record breaking 6th win but I guess silver is not so bad. Hockey is the game here in Canada- we do have football, baseball, basketball, curling and soccer but Hockey is our sport.
    Our son played hockey since he was 5 years old and still enjoys going to the rink to skate and play shinny hockey.
    So I am not in mourning but a bit sad at what might have been...
    Tomorrow will bring a new day...
    I am guessing that you grew up in Texas? Is that where TCU is?
    Nice memories and connections with your dad for you? Thanks for sharing...
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that! I know the feeling. I used to follow certain teams and wanted them to win. Hope they win next time!
    micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I don't know what TCU is? After reading the comments I figure is must be some school in Texas... Please "splain" to me.
    Second off I am so jazzed that you have 4 comments today. The word is getting out about how good your blog is! You Go Girl! I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - it me again...

    I wanted you to know you are officially entered into my Ten 'n Ten UFO Challenge - thank you for joining in. It will be fun!.

    http://web.me.com/knot_yembroiderylady/

    ReplyDelete