Friday, July 3, 2009

4th of July Eve

I thought today would never get here, but here it is. So what do I do to start off this 4th of July Eve off right, well, go to the ballpark and get an old fashion hamburger, since tomorrow I will be having a hot dog! It was so-o-o good, just mustard, cheese, grilled bun and burger patty. The Delta breeze kicked in and it was a perfect evening at the park. Tomorrow, I need to run to Woodland, (No Kim, I am not exercising, I mean driving, Please!!) to drop off stuff for their tournament, and I just found out they are serving biscuits, gravy, breakfast burritos and I sure all kinds of other yummy things. No that is not the reason why I am going, but it may have swayed my mind a bit! Then, I am coming home to embroider to my hearts content. Hubby will be at the park all day until 9 pm tomorrow night to host the tournament, son is going to a b-b-que, so its me and Orca having our own celebration with homemade ice cream, hotdogs, watermelon, pasta salad and Cowboy beans. I think my mom might come over and watch 4th of July Concert with the Boston Pops. Hope all have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July Eve to you! Gosh tomorrow sounds like a great day for you, get out in the morning, and then time to embroider. Your celebratory dinner for you, orc and possibly your mother sounds yummy. We are home and going to enjoy a neighbourhood bar-b-q on the street in front of our home. I am hoping to dust off the ice cream maker and see if it still works. Take care, and be sure to remember to do your embroidery yoga.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Pam, did you do your embroidery Yoga?
    And what are cowboy beans ( is that like pork and beans? And what do you put into your pasta salad?.
    Bruce and I went to a local library this afternoon where he did a presentation for some children about meteorites. I stopped to buy needles and oil for my sewing machine and ended up with a nice stack of batiks for backings of some current quilts. This morning I woke up thinking that I did not have backing for one of my quilts and "presto" the LQS was having a tent sale with beautiful batiks for 6 dollars a meter- I was thrilled to find it for such a reasonable price.
    Bruce has gone to a jazz concert and I am enjoying some movies on the tube. I am going to make the label for the trip around the world quilt- it is finished.
    Hope you have enjoyed a fabulous 4th of July.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete