Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday, Day of Rest

I know that in the old days, when I was a mere child, that Sunday was always a day of rest, the stores, places of business were all closed. Those days are gone, sadly, but I chose to pretend that today, Friday was actually Sunday, a long time ago, and treated it as so, A Day of Rest. I did not life a finger, except to make a few cups of tea for myself, check my email, and pull an old quilt from the closet to put over me to take a nap, a very lo-o-o-ng nap, exactly a 4 hour nap. I woke up, in no apparent hurry to do anything, and just did nothing but daydream into space. About what? Oh, about all the stuff I should have been doing, but didn't do. I heard the clock chime 4 pm, and poof, up and at them George McAdams was I! Picked up the living room and family room, place fresh towels in the front bathroom, lit a candle, and ran to the freezer to see what I could fix for dinner. Spaghetti was on the menu, I had homemade sauce in the freezer, which was simple to thaw, threw in some meatballs, popped some garlic bread in the oven, tore open a bag of salad, and voila! I should have thrown some flour in my face for good measure, because when hubby walked in the door, he said that I must have been cleaning all day, and he thought I was going to be sewing all day, so that is why he did not call. Boy, do I have him fooled!! Hey, don't forget, tomorrow evening I will be drawing a name for my little giveaway, so don't forget to let me know if you are interested. I will post the winner on Sunday, sometime. The winner will need to email me their snail mail address so I can ship the goodies first thing Monday am. Have a great week-end! Remember, only 20 days left until Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Pam, you makamelaugh! I love that you know when to fold. I love that you do all that you do, yet, you have the ability to let go and rest when you need to - well, most of the time :0)
    There is nothing like a good day of rest.

    ReplyDelete