Monday, December 28, 2009

Clear the Clutter!!

I don't know about you, but it seems that my kitchen/family room gets completely thrashed during the holidays! Thank goodness we did not have any company, because honestly, I do not know what I would have done. I am sure we all have our quick, little tricks to turn to when the unannounced visitor shows up. My little trick is to grab the clothes basket and throw everything in it and then stash it in my closet! Sure, it will take me a week to clear it out, but sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! I use my card table to hold the racks of cookies and goodies that I have baked so they can cool with out needing to be moved for dinner, plus I am real lucky to have a very large leaf to put in my table to extend it out from 4-8 people. In fact, 2 years ago I put the leaf in, and I finally removed it last night! My eating area looks so neat and clean and open now!! Since I am not lucky enough to have a sewing room, the dining table is it, so I also used a second card table, (that's right 2!!) to hold my fabrics and projects that I am working on. Well, since the 25th has came and passed, I figured, if they are finished by now, I need to put them in the UFO box, and hopefully I will complete them this next year. In fact, I think when I go to quilt camp in May with Lindy and the crew from BP&HH, I will be taking my UFO's to get a jump on Christmas for 2010! I have quite a few table runners that I just can't seem to find the time to quilt and sew the binding on. I have a couple of tote bags that are cut out and ready to sew and put together. Kim is teaching a class this Spring at BP&HH on how to make a picnic tote and small picnic quilt. I will need to check my schedule to see if I can take it. That would be a perfect gift for my 2 sister in laws down in San Diego to take to the beach! Well, I need to get some stitching done. It seems to relax me prior to slumber. Thanks for stopping by. Oh one last thing, what are your plans for New Year's Eve/New Year's Day? Let me know, I love to get some new ideas. Somehow, the thought of watching the 3 Stooges Marathon with my hubby, for the 24th year is not sounding very exciting to me! Nyuk, nyuk nyuk!!

1 comment:

  1. I think we were having the same kind of day. Yours was Monday, and mine was yesterday. It did help to declutter. Good for you!

    New Years Eve - We are invited to a neighbourhood party. We might go early and leave early. Depends on how DH feels, well and me too, but we usually stay home and relax with some festive food - cheese tray, dip and chips and sparkling apple cider. Son #2 usually lights off firecrackers on the street at midnight. The neighbours actually look forward to it. Perhaps this is Canadian... when the boys were young, they would run up and down the street with pots and wooden spoons banging and shouting Happy New Year. Yes, we are a funny bunch! For me, I would stand on the front doorstep and bang a pot with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete