Sunday, November 29, 2009

Well Worn Traveler

Boy, am I tired! Colleen and I headed out early, stopped at Starbucks for fuel, then up the hill. We first stopped at Cabin Fever, Patty Henderson and her hubby were putting up Christmas lights and the store was looking quite festive! She is getting more wool in, but it is a little pricey! Need to hit the thrift store! Then we walked around downtown Auburn. It was a beautiful day, cool and crisp and the wind was just starting to blow up there. We went to Auburn Needleworks, met the owner, Lori. She is a really sweet gal. She remembered us from our phone call! She has a great selection of thread, DMC, Anchor, silk, glitter and glitzy, ribbons, hand dyed, ect. After we dropped a few bucks there, we ventured into a scent shop and got some scent chips, that you burn with a tea candle and they are softly scented. We had a lot of fun in there. And on down the street to the Christmas store. I have seen this store for so many years and never stopped, so we did and we were sad to hear that they are going out of business! The owner said she will be officially closed after the first of the new year! A lot of great deals if you collect Dept 56, and tons of really cute ornaments, everything is buy one get one free! We were getting a little hungry, so we decided to head down the hill to Loomis to The Tin Thimble's new home at Highland Nursery. I happened to check their website before we left and found out there was a craft/art faire going on there this week-end, lucky us!! Highlands is an old packing house for produce that has been refurbished into an art gallery and nursery. The had beautiful crafts, lots of jewelry and one of a kind art. I love the new location of the shop, it is really airy and unique! Then we went to Beverly's, where everything was 30% off in the store, and I bought an embroidery book and some dress making paper, to transfer a pattern on some cranberry fabric for reversed red work. And finally we got to lunch at Denny's for burgers! Yummy!! We did stop off at Joann's, and I got a cutting turntable mat, which I have been wanting for a long time, and some new storage boxes for my wool work and embroidery floss. I am really tired! I think I may be coming down with a stomach bug now, which is not good!! Tomorrow is month end! I better go get some more rest, take care, have a good rest of your week-end!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip Pam, I have one of those rotating mats- they work great for some kinds of finicky cutting when you are quilting.
    How far is Auburn from you?
    It is nice that you were able to spend the day checking out the stores and being with Colleen.
    Hope you are feeling better and that the stomach bug does not develop into the flu.
    Thanks for stopping by the blog. I'm off to bed.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you two are really travelin' buddies. It was fun reading your blog post and shopping vicariously through you. You have way more get up and go then I do right now. Every place you talked about sounds so nice. Treasures must have been found and dreams of creating great stitcheries with thread, wool and fabric! I can hardly wait to see what you bring for show and tell at Knot-y Embroidery Ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete