Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gee Bend Quilters

This week-end, hubby and I have to attend our annual conference for Cal Ripken Baseball in Reno, Nevada. I know, life is rough, however, the silver lining for me, is that this past Wednesday thru April 11th, at the Reno Museum of Art, they have the Gee Bend Quilt exhibit, so guess what I will be seeing. I am so-o-o-o excited to have the chance to see this exhibit. I have read about the Gee Bend Quilters, read testimonies on blogs, and in magazines, but nothing in person. I am hoping to be able to take some pictures, so keep your fingers cross and check back next Monday for a report. In the meantime, during the conference, I will be stitching and listening. Have a wonderful week-end everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Pam,
    I love the Gee Bend quilters- a friend of mine brought me the commemorative postal stamps of their quilts. They came to Sisters, Oregon last summer to the big quilt show. My friend Michele went to see them- she was so impressed with the ladies.
    Hope you are having a great time in Reno- Happy stitching.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete