Friday, September 25, 2009

What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been!!

Hello again, and I want to say I have missed each and everyone of you! Our computer caught a really nasty virus and had to be sent to the hospital to be taken care, and just got released today!! I have a friend in our IT department at my corporate office that is a really good surgeon, so I picked our laptop up, and of course, I had to stop by BP&HH. I got to in visit with Gran and Lindy and Judy. I haven't seen Lindy in quite awhile, so it was good to catch up with her. I also bought the same panel that Kim showed on her blog. I am going to put it together real quick and hang it in our front window. I also bought some more dishtowels to embroider with Autumn motifs to take to my mother in law in a couple of weeks on our vacation. I had not reported back on the trip to San Mateo for Quilts/Crafts and Embroidery. Colleen and I had a blast! We are so in sync with each other, it is really scary!! We walked up and down, no pictures, or cameras were allowed, and spent a really long time at Bird Brain Designs booth. Those gals are so nice and sweet. They sent Colleen 2 free tickets for us to go there, so we have to repay the favor and drop some cash at their booth. We got a bunch of their cute patterns, muslin and goodies. I will take a picture and post it for you to see. We were trying not to buy the same patterns, but it was so-o-o-o-o hard to stay with in my budget. Hubby gave me some cash, and told me that's it, when its gone, it is gone. But that is a good thing, that way I still have money saved for vacation and all of the quilt store down in San Diego area I can explore and help the economy grow!!! We also stopped at Always Quilting store, after we found it, it was not the easiest place to find, but we did. We were laughing so hard, arguing who was Lucy and who was Ethel!! I think that saying is "The blind leading the blind" came to mind!!! Oh well, tomorrow, we are going to Modesto to Elegant Stitch for speciality threads for our embroidery projects. Have a great Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Having a computer "bug" is not fun.
    I am glad that you have a good surgeon!

    I am having a nice Saturday morning, drinking tea and catching up on blogs. Love yours and I am sooooooo glad that your computer is fixed and that your life is settling down - well somewhat. At least you can take some R&R trips and your DH gets to see you every so often now.

    I can hardly wait until I get to hear how "Lucy and Ethel" do on their adventure to the Elegant Stitches. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy and Ethel were quite the combo- sounds like you and Colleen are too. It is fun having a wonderful friend that makes you laugh and shares your interests.

    I posted about the lovely giveaway prize that arrived from Gran last week. It is such a pretty panel and you know how I love sunflowers.

    sorry to hear about your computer woes- I have been having a love hate relationship with my computer all summer- it is currently on my hate list as it has stopped working again. It will need to return to the shop to be reprogrammed- so frustrating and so tiresome too. However, this too shall pass and Bruce does have a computer that I can share with him- it could be a lot worse.

    Have a fun journey,
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete