Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am Back!!!

I know it has been a long time since I have blogged, but for those you know me, know that when my job is busy, everything must come to a halt, and I only concentrate on my job. Now that the Cash for Clunkers program is over, it has slowed down considerably. So much, that I was able to attend to my civic duties...otherwise known as JURY DUTY. Oh, I felt like I was one of the chosen!! I actually ran into Julia there, and she was picked in the very first jury pool. I had to sit around the jury room, watch movies and stitched! I know, poor me, but I sure didn't mind. No men to deal with, (I am not being sexist, but I deal with men in the financed dept at car dealerships, enough said!), no phone to answer, drinking ice teas from Starbucks, in a cool room was somewhat delightful for me. It only lasted until 3 pm at which time I was put in a jury pool, that had to return on Tuesday, and as luck would have it, I was dismissed at noon. I am free from jury duty for another 18 months. I will miss the extra time I had to stitch. C'est la vie! This week-end, my friend Colleen and I will be attending a craft show in San Mateo, and BirdBrain Designs will be there, so we are both pretty excited. Also, Tracy Souza of Plumcute Designs will be there. It will be good to see her again. She is having a trunk show at PB&HH right now. She has some really cute things. I picked up a couple of really cute patterns at Ladybugs Quilt in Manteca. Jennifer, the store owner has really been working hard, and her hard work is paying off. Her store is changing all of the time. She always has a new quilt or handwork on display every time I go in there. If you ever get down to Manteca, it is a must see. Well, I better go and get some stitching down, so I have something for show and tell at Monday's Knoty Ladies class, or you know I will be in big trouble with Gran!! J/K!! Oh, go to Gran's website, http://web.me.com/knot_yembroiderylady, she has a new project completed and it is so cute!! She is also teaching a new class at BP so check it out! Also, Kim is having a class in November at BP, Kim's Kristmas Klass, which should be a blast, so check it out also. Thanks for your patience and hope you stop by again soon!

3 comments:

  1. WELCOME BACK! I MISSED YOU.
    Totally understand about your duties on your job,
    Jury duty over and done with, civic duties put to rest for now,
    Frequenting QS's and craft fairs, making sure the you are out there simulating the economy and while you are at it bringing a friend, (there are extra points for that),
    Stitching your way to embroidery heaven - where the ice tea runs 24/7, all the TV shows are the ones you want to watch, no stress, oh and ice cream at mid-night doesn't have any calories.

    Oh my gosh, I just looked at the time. Got to go eat some rocky road ice cream and hit the sack.

    Bottom line is - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I was wondering what had happened with you and jury duty. One of the gals I work with is on call this afternoon. Seems like EVERYONE is down there! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    so nice to see you back on line- it sounds life has indeed been busy.. Hope that you get the opportunity to get some more needlework and quilting done.

    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete