Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Rainy Sunday Afternoon

Today, in Northern California we had a rainy, windy day. It was glorious! So glorious, hubby and I got dressed and headed out to do so me much needed shopping. We had to get some MUCH needed necessities at Target, but of course, we needed to stop at Starbucks first, where I think everyone else in the Sacramento area was! Then off to Target, and then Home Depot, then Lowe's, then through Mickey D's drive thru for a bargain Diet Coke, then home for lunch. What were we looking for? An electric weeder, since my hubby goes through one every 18 months! But Home Depot was out of the one he wanted, but they were really nice and called another store that will hold it for me to pick up tomorrow. We were also looking for an artificial Christmas tree. We have one that is about 9 years old, a Martha Stewart one I got, and it has been a really good tree, but it has seen better days, and we have a lot of limbs that no longer work. We have been getting fresh trees for the past couple of years, but the mess and all I am not liking to deal with, so here we are, trying to find one that we both like. Hubby does not want a prelit tree, he hates all white lights, I like all white lights, so we compromise and alternate every year. From what I have seen so far, these are getting expensive, and hard to find unlit trees, but we did find one at Lowe's and Target that we like, and I think they are the same tree, same price. I will check out Walmart tomorrow, they have a similar tree online and at the store. We came home to a big pot of stew in the crock pot and I made some cornbread in my large cast iron skillet, it was so-o-o-o good! Then I watch a little football, snoozed a little, a little football, snoozed a little, well, you get the picture. It was a very productive day! Now back to the grindstone of work, ugh! Hope all have a wonderful week! Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment