Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ahhhh, The Smell of Fall!

Yesterday was a very good day for me! I had to stop at Target for a few things, TP, laundry detergent, tissues, The Zac Brown Band CD-( I REALLY needed it!!), and school supplies were out and on sale. I signed up for Gran's class at BP&HH, Grown Women Coloring, in August, and I needed a box of crayons, the 64 count, so I picked up my box since they were on sale. The first thing I did, was open them up to smell them! I know, I must be weird, but I love the smell of a new box of crayons, ever since I was a little girl. It reminds me of Fall, Apple Hill, cooler nights, and the leaves changing! It has been hot here in the Sacramento Valley, so I really needed that thought! I am sure people were looking at me strangely, but I am also sure there were a few smiles. I know lots of people who do the same thing! I have 2 1/2-3 months for things to cool down here, so I will keep smelling my box every day! I can't wait to take Gran's class. Check it out at www.bearpawsandhollyhocks.com. Have an awesome day!

4 comments:

  1. Pam,
    While I love the smell of crayons, I am not ready to see them just yet. It means that school is returning and I am going back to work- :( While I love the classroom, right now I am just beginning to have fun playing. VBG School beginning is over a month away.

    I finally have been productive and put together a new couch quilt top this week. I need to square some squares and have new pieces to cut - it has taken me quite a bit of time to get into the rhythm of summer so for now Pam, you enjoy the crayons and I will keep playing with my fabric VBG
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved a brand new box of crayons...I should get me some too!! I'm not close enough for this class but still want crayons! Hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the smell of a box of crayons is so nice. I used to love going to Targets.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I am with you girl - sniff, sniff!
    As you can see I am catching up - been off the web for a week since our family arrived. Put son #3 on a plane this morning and am going to miss him.
    I am glad you are going to be in the class - it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete