Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hello My Friends Hello

Yes it has been a while. My friend Jackie reminded me this morning at BP&HH, I told her I have had computer problems, plus work has just been plain crazy. Speaking of plain crazy, that is how I would describe my day at BP. We had 4 classes on the schedule today, and people are in buying the supplies for Christmas presents, and we have a ton of new fabrics and patterns. I haven't been there for almost 6 weeks! It felt like 6 months! Lindy gave me a book to borrow to make a shop sample of embroidery, it is reverse redwork. I can't wait to start on it. I am tracing the pattern out tonight. I hope to start on it tomorrow while I watch the Cowboys play. Hubby and I are heading out to the pumpkin patch in Sloughhouse, to get our supply of pumpkins. Hubby's favorite holiday is Halloween, and he does several of them. This year I have talked him into doing a couple like houses. I saw this on Martha Stewart's show, and they are so cute. We just got back from a 10 day trip to Southern California/San Diego to visit my in laws and spends a couple of relaxing days at San Diego. We did enjoy ourselves, we had beautiful weather, compared to the storm at home. Our son was home with the dog, and we were very lucky we did not have any major damage. We lost 2 trees and a fence, and Orca's condo, (AKA shed) received roof damage when the tree limb fell on top of it, causing a leak. Quick thinking son grabbed and ripped opened a trash liner and taped it up with duc tape, and voila, roof leak fixed! Now son has a really bad chest cold, spent 3 days in bed with a fever, and trying to recoup for work, since he has no sick pay. He seems to be doing better. I better go, I need to soak in a hot tub with lots of bubbles to recoup from today and catch up on some tv. Have a wonderful week-end!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Love - welcome back! I have missed you. I sure am glad that you had a great time in southern california. It is fun to read about the fact that your DH likes to do all the things that he does for Halloween. You two are a kick. The wind is starting to blow up here, I bet you are having the same down there. I need to go take down the wind chimes....

    ReplyDelete