Monday, June 11, 2012

Time to Get Squeezed!!

Yes ladies, we all know what that means! I use to have to go every 6 months, now I go once a year.  My mom has lost both of her breasts to cancer, so they consider me high risk, even though they say you cannot inherit cancer.  I rather be safe than sorry.  I know so many people, both men and women who have had breast cancer.  Thank goodness, with modern medicine, they are able to detect it sooner than later.  My doctor is part of a group that teaches medicine, UCD, so they are pretty much on the new stuff fairly quickly.  I do receive excellent care from every doctor I have came in contact with there.  Even the techs, nurses and volunteers are very gracious and knowledgeable.  I use to dread this day, but now, I embrace it, make a big brew ha ha, treat myself to a nice breakfast out.  Today, I wasn't able to do that, but I did have a very nice chat with a very good friend of mine who has had cancer, and she wanted to tell me she was proud of me and make sure everything went OK, and it did.  I do cherish our friendship and thank God daily for it! Wishing everyone a great rest of  the week.. Tomorrow, I have "Charm School" at Fabric Garden.  Thursday, I have "Garden Party", and Friday I have Drop In Applique at Ladybugs. I will fill you all in on it later this week.  Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment